Probe the Globe

This webpage is dedicated to my travels around the world and thoughts that accompany them. A Disclaimer: I hate the word 'blog'. For the past few years, hearing everyone and their mothers ramble on about 'blog's and 'blogging' and [insert blog-related buzz word here] has made me want to rub my ears on a cheese-grater. But in the end, this is much easier than sending out group emails and pictures, and everyone can check for updates without me having to fill up their inboxes.

Name:
Location: Kinokawa-shi, Wakayama-ken, Japan

If you dont know about me already, none of this should interest you anyways.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

No surprise, it was scripted


My travel buddy, Matt "Soup" Huffman, and I like to talk about The Script -- which I write in italics not because it is a book title, but because it is so important that it deserves nothing less... in fact, I'm gonna go back and bold it, too. Done. -- when referencing our misadventures. The Script is the collective body of everything that has and will happen in our lives. Because it accounts for past experience, our individual natures, and the world's sometimes strange sense of humor, The Script predicts the future. Not that it ever needs to.

It was my fault. I should have referenced the opening chapter of my travels in The Script before I booked my flights. I mean, of course I fly out on the only snowy day in the Midwest. Of course every flight is delayed or canceled. Of course my connecting flight to Beijing is the ONLY on time flight in the history of O'Hare International Airport on the snowiest day of the year, causing me to miss the connection. And of course I end up spending the maiden voyage of my journey waiting 24 hours for the next flight to China.

Life has quite a sense of humor. I really should have known. It was scripted, after all...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mercedes said...

Damn the SCRIPT! Go figure that this would happen to you on your first day of departure. Remeber, good things come to those who wait. You are off on an amazing trip. Oh, saw your comment on my blog. No, no one has yet to top you and the almost missed flight from Sapporo last year. That was classic. Can't wait to read more about your mis-adventures.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Lit3Bolt said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!

I like how you've draped your lust for partying in language like "getting in touch with each of our basic humanity!" lol In reality, Sean is off to travel the globe sampling their ethanol supply and will leave a different colored puddle of vomit in each country he visits. ;)

jk Hope you keep safe and keep healthy. You can never have too many malaria pills...

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home